Find request

• tonyb
  • tonyb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
27 Apr 2015 21:15 #890 by tonyb
Find request was created by tonyb
Hi all, I received the request below via the website and as the gentleman lived close to me I went to try and find the missing piece. Unfortunately the area to search was about 4 feet square and very close to the large base of the lampost. After digging up a rose bush and finding a few nails I had to admit defeat. The only successful part was I was offered twenty pounds for trying but asked Mr Asher instead to donate it to the Devon Air Ambulance.

Do you have a member of your detectorists club who could spare a few minutes to see if he can find the piece of cast iron that has fallen off the lantern bracket on the lamppost in my garden? I noticed it was missing earlier this year.

I have forked round the base of the lamp post to no avail. I have no idea when the lump of cast Iron fell off but it cannot have blown away! We had some top soil put onto the garden a couple of years back & it may have become buried then.

The MR ( Midland Railway ) Lamp post, dated 1857 was purchased for me by my railway man father in about 1959-1960 after Dr Beacham had closed down the railway branch lines. I would very much like to find the missing piece & re –instate it .

The lamppost has followed me around the country since the early 1960’s. It therefore has sentimental value to myself & my children.

I will be happy to re-imburse expenses etc. I live in Sandford View off Jetty Marsh Road. Newton Abbot Tel 01626 354 636

Regards

Don Asher

Secretary NADMDC

Please Log in to join the conversation.